Excerpt from: Senator Jeff Merkley via CREDO Mobilize <email@example.com>
Feb 20 at 7:09 AM
The email below is from Sen. Jeff Merkley, a progressive champion from the state of Oregon. Sen. Merkley started a petition on CREDO Mobilize, where activists can launch their own campaigns for progressive change. Will you help Sen. Merkley pressure U.S. Attorney Gen. Jeff Sessions to appoint a special prosecutor to investigate the Trump administration’s collusion with Russia by signing his petition and sharing it with your friends and family?
It’s now clear that the Trump campaign, transition team, and administration have had very questionable contacts with the Russian government. In particular, General Flynn’s conversations with the Russian ambassador about the easing of U.S. sanctions on Russia may be a violation of criminal law and ethical standards.
The American people deserve the truth about what really happened and who was responsible.
As an early supporter and top advisor to the Trump campaign, U.S. Attorney General Jeff Sessions is too close to the situation to conduct the investigation the American people deserve. Sessions must recuse himself and appoint a special prosecutor.
That’s why I started my campaign on CREDOMobilize.com, which allows activists to start their own petitions. My petition, which is to U.S. Attorney General Jeff Sessions, says the following:
- The American people deserve an impartial, objective, comprehensive, thorough and independent investigation into all credible allegations concerning the relationships between Donald Trump and the Russian government. Appoint a special prosecutor without delay.
Repeated refusals by the White House to come clean with the American people make a fully independent investigation absolutely critical. Sessions must recuse himself and appoint a special prosecutor to investigate these critical questions:
- Did Mike Flynn break the law when he talked to the Russian ambassador?
- Did the Trump campaign contact Russian intelligence services?
- What is the relationship between Trump’s team and the Russian government?
- What did Stephen Bannon and Donald Trump know, and when did they know it?
- There is also the strong likelihood that other members of President Trump’s team were involved in similar conduct – and important questions remain unanswered about the role Trump campaign officials may have played in Vladimir Putin’s efforts to help Donald Trump win the election.
To maintain the confidence, credibility and integrity of the Department of Justice, we need a special prosecutor to conduct an impartial, objective, comprehensive and thorough investigation as soon as possible.
- Will you join me and add your name to my petition urging Attorney General Sessions to appoint a special prosecutor without delay? Go to firstname.lastname@example.org to sign this petition today.
Thank you for your support.
CREDO Mobilize helps activists like you make progressive change and fight regressive policies by creating/signing online petitions.
© 2017 CREDO. All rights reserved.